1. I would suggest using a knife to scrape up some of the mold into a pile onto the sticky side of the paper masking tape and insert it without folding the tape as to give the mold enough air.
The mold sweep is normally ran non-stop for 10-14 days. Try using up to 4 gens evenly spaced out in time to do a mold sweep. That should hit the MOR of the mold up to 4 times each pass instead of just once. Hopefully that will kill the mold faster.
2. You are correct in many respects as mold and spores are carried in the air... However, not all mold is bad for us.
The Plasma has been used by members to rid houses of mold - even hidden mold within walls, etc.
Remote has also been used, but this requires a sample of the mold and sometimes longer term run times.
Often the "test" is visual destruction or color change of the spots or a riddance of the moldy odor.
3. I did 2 areas. Test with my sensitive nose. It has not come back.
1) area - in wall and under floor where a window a/c unit leaked into the wall. Ran plasma tube but do not remember how long I ran it. No more mildew musty smell.
2) when removed a floor, underneath the mat was mildewed black and mold spores went everywhere. There I used an ozone machine, bleach/water scrub, and then rifed with plasma tube.
After this treatment over a week or so, we laid need floor and have not smelled anything musty.
For more details, please check the link: